Never knew it tasted so good! I must have added a bunch of stuff to make up for the bitter after taste since it was my first time using real beetroot and getting my hands coloured..
I pretty much dumped everything in and was relying on my vision to see how thick the texture is with the flour estimation. I did ran out of Gluten free flour so added a touch of coconut flour which was just right (can't taste it for a change).
The strong taste is definitely the beetroot. But it's supported by the other goodness of natural sweet carrots, apples, raisins and sweet potato.
Makes 6 muffins
- 2 carrots (steamed)
- 1 apple (steamed)
- 1 medium sweet potato (steamed & mashed)
- 1 medium banana (mashed)
- 1/2 medium beetroot (grated)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 gluten free flour
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven 180degC.
- Grease a 6-muffin tray with margarine.
- In a food processor (first time using it!). Add all ingredients in except for flour, raisins and beetroot. Processed for 1 minute.
- Fold in the flour, raisins and beetroot. (Flour doesn't need to be sieved).
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Leave it to cool. If freeze, try to use within the month. Can be refrigerated up to a week.