Pages

25/03/2017

Beetroot Carrot Muffins

Never knew it tasted so good! I must have added a bunch of stuff to make up for the bitter after taste since it was my first time using real beetroot and getting my hands coloured..


 photo IMG_20170325_202456_zpsy894dqjv.jpg

I didn't realised I was also using the same ingredients from this other surprised carrot blueberry muffin recipe too. I guess I do love that combo of sweet carrots and refreshing apples together with a tinge of sweet potato to fill one's tummy sweetly and gracefully.


 photo IMG_20170325_202448_zps1njx8esf.jpg


I pretty much dumped everything in and was relying on my vision to see how thick the texture is with the flour estimation. I did ran out of Gluten free flour so added a touch of coconut flour which was just right (can't taste it for a change).


 photo IMG_20170325_202958_zpsm96b1e6o.jpg


The strong taste is definitely the beetroot. But it's supported by the other goodness of natural sweet carrots, apples, raisins and sweet potato.




Makes 6 muffins




Ingredients

  • 2 carrots (steamed)
  • 1 apple (steamed)
  • 1 medium sweet potato (steamed & mashed)
  • 1 medium banana (mashed)
  • 1/2 medium beetroot (grated)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 gluten free flour
  • 1/4 coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp vanilla essence
  • salt

Method
  1. Pre-heat oven 180degC.
  2. Grease a 6-muffin tray with margarine.
  3. In a food processor (first time using it!). Add all ingredients in except for flour, raisins and beetroot. Processed for 1 minute.
  4. Fold in the flour, raisins and beetroot. (Flour doesn't need to be sieved).
  5. Bake for 25-30 mins.
  6. Leave it to cool. If freeze, try to use within the month. Can be refrigerated up to a week.






0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^

Powered by BloggerKitchen Virgin til 27 by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License