But I got myself and oven! And yes I decided to fully utilize it. My other half loves Japanese sponge cheesecake so off I went.
The thought of being health conscious has always been there so the proud past of this recipe is that it’s much healthier than the normal Japanese sponge cheesecakes. I replaced the milk and lemon juice for yogurt as it gives the same tangy smooth flavour (as well as I wanted to incorporate as much mango flavour as I can).
- 125g cream cheese
- 75g sugar
- 35g flour
- 10g cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp mango essence / extract
- 60ml blended mango juice (less water the better) or 100ml mango yoghurt
- 25ml oil
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Follow my Japanese sponge cheesecake post
- Bear in mind: to fill the water bath as minimal as possible as the cake batter will cook much slower if there’s too much water in the bath.
- For a small convectional oven, bring the temperature to 100degC