Pages

06/02/2010

Fund Raising

Not really what you might think as it isn't really food related but it's just a post to say that I have brought up a challenge for myself until early spring (although I would think baking to raise funds might be a better alternative instead,haha)

Yes, history repeats itself. I have started training again.

Not many of you may know that I used to be an athlete of some sort. Was pretty much representing my state from young beginning with gymnastics and athletics, and then swimming, and then into social badminton, netball and now I'm at the gym.

I then tried spins for the first time last year. And I got addicted.

And so I pondered 'why not get involved in something for the greater good with this addiction?'

And so, I have decided to do something I have never ever done in my life. To cycle 300miles in 5 days from London to Paris. Yes, you're talking to the most inexperience bike rider over here who has not ridden more than 10km in her entire life. Check out the map (there's a cute comic at the bottom left):



As well as she doesn't own her own bicycle.

It is by far the craziest thing I have ever done in my life. But I really want to do this. I really want to know how far I can get on cycling despite all of my past injuries that I came across in my life. Almost every important part of my limb has been overworked, injured, overused. And yet old habits don't die. I want to take myself to the limits again.

It ain't easy, mind you. I have started the sessions. I have done 4 sessions of spin classes, 2 sessions of toning and 2 sessions of cardio. I have to take extra care that I don't overwork myself and injure myself so soon. I too have to balance my workout sessions with work, in which the load has also recently shot up to the roof. There is then figuring out what to eat quickly and healthily as well as there is the social side of life I have to keep up with.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff! If you've got spare change lying in your pockets or behind the couch by your half eaten chocolate bar, feel free to pop it into the following picture to support the event =)


In the mean time, I am of course eying out on what to bake next when I come back from the French Alps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^

Powered by BloggerKitchen Virgin til 27 by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License