Everybody knows that I am not the best when it comes to cooking (I have no idea why it is much easier process) but I have been wanting to make chicken chop ever since I was in Singapore planning to come back here.
So here is my first attempt!
I pretty much saw this on tv and went (ooooh, I wanna make that!) coz all these while the chicken I bake doesn't give a nice crisp as well as I don't need to deep fry this recipe (yay).
Recipe from allrecipes asia website or if you want to follow how I did it, check further but this time I didn't use much measurements, so the below are just estimates :)
- 500g of chicken cut into small pieces of your liking
- 1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1-2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220degC. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper or a small layer of grease.
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken pieces with salt and pepper
- Heat up a pan with minimum amount of oil
- Line 3 separate bowls up in this sequence - flour, egg, breadcrumbs
- Grab one piece, cover with flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs before pan frying (must be high heat). About 1min per piece.
- Fry until the outer coat is brown and crisp. (we cook the outside first)
- Arrange them evenly on the baking tray, bake for 10 mins or less (this cooks the inside)