Whip up a banana cake / loaf!
I pretty much used Nigella's recipe as a reference point. It's an all in one mix, super easy to do and smells sooooooo good. Would have been better with chocolate chips.
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1.5-2 cups (or 250g) self-raising flour (1.5 cups better)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yoghurt (option)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180degC. Lined a 9" round tray or a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Sift in the flour (I went half and half)
- Pour it into the cake tin or loaf tray (just 3/4 not to over spill)
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until the top layer turns brown
- Remove from the oven to cool down before gorging it down