Pages

26/12/2016

Pound cake aka Butter cake

For the life of me, I thought I had a post about this cake as I spent a whole of time dribbling egg yolk into the batter avoid the curdle.

But I didn't (argh).

So here it is as I craved for the butter cake my grandmather used to buy for me, I did it again and this time I had to be quick so I experimentally added the floor and the egg into the batter to make sure I don't curdle.

The only part where I got lazy (well a little sustainable that is) is to use the small oven rather than the big one and so the top of the cake cooked a little unevenly.


 photo IMG_20161224_152841_zpsrogjeybw.jpg

Nice shade of colour actually

Was eaten up by my family in one shot which was a nice gesture and it wasn't as dry as I made it the other time. Definitely go with the saying 'A pound for each main ingredient'

i.e Same amount (weighing a pound each) of butter, sugar and flour at once.

Took it from joyofbaking (love their website)



(makes an 8"cake)

Ingredients

  • 3 large eggs, room temperature 
  • 3 tablespoons milk, room temperature 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) sifted self rising flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar 
  • 185 grams unsalted butter, room temperature


Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180degC
  2. Butter and flour the 8" cake tin
  3. Cream the butter, add sugar and cream until fluffy
  4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together
  5. In another bowl whisk the eggs and milk
  6. Add 1/3 of wet and sift 1/3 dry ingredients into batter mixing it fully
  7. Repeat until all of wet and dry ingredients are fully mix
  8. Bake for 30mins until the toothpick poked in comes out dry
  9. Lasts a week

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^

Powered by BloggerKitchen Virgin til 27 by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License