Bit of a handful in the title ain't it? But once it's popped into the mouth, it's a lovely mouthful of yummilicious goodness.
I had a weekend to myself and there I was looking up at recipes to make, but alas I didn't have a crowd to share with. Also, I had a lot of time (and was indeed restless) plus I didn't want to buy too many more ingredients. So here I am thinking of something healthy and beneficial instead.
Protein balls! Bit on the higher side of calorie content as it's got oats and peanut butter. These snacks are the current fad apparently and it is really easy to make as there is no need for baking required. You need to finish them up within a week though I cut the ingredients down further from this recipe.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 of 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of chia powder or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- Pretty much dump everything in
- Use your hand and combine them into one big ball
- (I had to add more peanut butter and honey as a base to stick the dry ingredients together)
- Refrigerate the ball from 15-20mins (easy to shape them)
- Pull about a palm size to shape 1" diameter balls