Pages

09/04/2011

Pandan Layered Cake

This is my second time making it and it stood up!! Thank goodness for that =D

Photobucket

The verdict? It was abit too sweet on the jelly side but overall it is the texture I want. I was extremly tired when I made the cake as I was pretty much spilling stuff all over the kitchen and knocking things off. One thing that really taught me a lesson was not to bring the oven heat at normal conditions because this was a tiny oven. So I did end up burning the top layer before cooking the inside.

Photobucket

Thank goodness we don't need the top layer. Cooking the jelly mix went quick too, had to react really quickly before it started to harden up.

Anyway, here are the wonderful ingredients if you're thinking of attempting this.

Makes one 8" cake

(Courtesy of Pinkie Lollipop, Table for 2 and Peng's Kitchen's similar recipes)




For the sponge cake
  • See my previous blog on the ingredients and steps
  • Oven is set at 150degC instead since it's not the heavy duty type
  • After cooling the cake down, slice it with a serrated knife 2 or 3 layers.

For the filling

Ingredients
  • 100g sugar (omit this if using konnyaku jelly with sugar)
  • 200ml coconut milk
  • 250g jelly powder (I use Konnyaku and alot coz I like the jelly mixture)
  • 800ml water
  • Pinch of salt
  • 6 tbsp Hoen Kwee (green bean) flour
  • 1tsp pandan paste
Method
  1. If using sugar; in a pot mix sugar and 200ml water and bring it to boil. Ensure that the sugar is diluted.
  2. In separate pot, remain 600ml water, coconut milk, Hoen Kwee flour and pandan paste. Stir fully until mixed and smooth.
  3. Gradually stir in jelly powder and bring it to a boil.
  4. Quickly remove pot off the stove and add the syrup.
  5. Add the first layer of cake. Pour 1/3 or 1/2 into the cake mould.
  6. Repeat this until all layes are added to the cake. Cover the top with the last layer.
  7. Cool the cake mixture down a bit before refrigerating it.
  8. Cake lasts up to a week if stored properly in the refrigerator in an air tight container.

3 comments:

Jun said...

yeehaa!

Celine Jo @ eyeARTyou said...

Oh sedap, saya mau. Tolong kirim! ^_^

Genial said...

I wish I could!! I got no one here who would take it :(

Post a Comment | Feed



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
^

Powered by BloggerKitchen Virgin til 27 by UsuárioCompulsivo
original Washed Denim by Darren Delaye
Creative Commons License